Here I am, lonely, and looking for a mate... my one and only work mate! I know that you are out there, and you can roll with the punches like the best of them. I know that you are un-phased by "emergencies" and have corrupted your own database a time or two only to breathe and recover gracefully (at least the second time). I know you aren't afraid of restarting a service live if timed right and that you truly understand that logs are there for more than just wasting disk cycles. You know when to yell at me for my coding sins and when to give me slack for a 95% pass day.
Save me from myself and my kludgey disgressions. Are you out there?
Help us get our test on by setting up testing protocols, enforcing test suites, and anything else that makes a sturdier code base and happier customers. We have regression/unit testing in place but are looking for someone to enforce that they get run often as well as wrangle together the rest of the test picture pieces including pre and post deploy testing, bugs, new features, and performance.
A strong head and leadership qualities are a must: we are growing fast so don't be surprised if you are expected to voice opinions and yell about the right way to do things now and then. You will be given any tools you need to maintain system integrity and enforce test policy.This is the perfect position for someone who is ready to step it up a notch and help lead a small company to success-ville.
For those that are interested and able, this position can easily and quickly turn into a developer position.
We work primarily with Python and the Plone framework but dabble in many arenas such as COM, XMLRPC, XMLDB, Adobe Livecycle Workflow and Designer, etc... depending on what needs to be glued at the time. You will learn and understand how all these pieces fit together into one beautiful system and are expected to care for each piece like it was written by you.
- BS in Computer Science or must possess portfolio proving proficiency otherwise
- 1-2 years experience testing or building web applications, preferably with dynamic languages and kudos if that language is Python
- Ability and excitement to learn new languages/technologies in a web based environment
- Recent grads will be considered if internship experience is close - we will gladly feed and grow you into the position
- Must know when to ask questions and when to ask Google
- Self-sufficient and flexible
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, documentation and communication skills
- Must be dependable, have a positive attitude, and be a team player
- Experience working with and/or developing in Plone
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies
- History working with XML databases
- Experience with Adobe PDF and/or Livecycle Designer
Competitive salary based on experience with all the startup stock yummies.